...the laying of taxes is the power, and the general welfare the purpose for which the power is to be exercised."
Thomas Jefferson.

Friday, October 22, 2010

It Gets Better

Because I think what he's doing with It Gets Better is so very important and that not enough of us get involved in the things we are outraged or worried about (I include myself in this) I thought I'd look Dan up. I was aware of quite a bit of this but there's always more to learn. I will be following him when and where I can. Thank you Dan Savage for what you do. This is from Wikipedia. And, plus, he's from Madison! (Wisconsin, US)

Daniel Keenan Savage (born October 7, 1964)[2] is an American author, media punditjournalistand newspaper editor.[3][4] Savage writes the internationally syndicated relationship and sex advice column Savage Love. Its tone is frank in its discussion of sexuality, often humorous, and hostile to social conservatives, as in the Santorum controversy. Savage, who is gay, has often been the subject of controversy regarding some of his opinions that pointedly clash with cultural conservatives and those put forth by what Savage has been known to call the "gay establishment". He has also worked as a theater director, both under his real name and under the name Keenan Hollahan, using his middle name and his grandmother's maiden name.[5]



"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.” - Plato

No comments: